during the covid-19 pandemic:
*UPDATED APRIL 2022*
Pre-Screening: Before attending, please ensure you have reviewed the screening protocols on this page. If you answer yes to any, please do not come to class, talk to your instructor for make-up options.
Hand Hygiene: Upon entry to the studio please wash or sanitize your hands.
Social Distancing: On entry and exit please social distance in common areas. We require you wear a mask when entering and exiting the studio or going to the washroom. Your mask can be removed once you are in your spot in the studio.
Arrive Ready and On Time: Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early for your class, to ensure we are ready for you. All classes will be 50 min to reduce student cross-over and crowding between sessions.
Our Covid-19 Health & Safety Protocols:
Serpentine Studios has created the following guidelines taking into account the with the Province of Nova Scotia’s Communities, Culture and Heritage and Fitness Sector recommended guidelines. We recognize our responsibility in preventing the risks of COVID-19, and the health and safety of our instructors and students are of the utmost importance. We are committed to offering a safe space for our students to enjoy movement and community. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Studio Management & Function
Prior to class:
● Students should not arrive more than 5 minutes before their class .
● Students must arrive wearing a non-medical mask and continue to wear it until they are in their spot inside the studio.
● When possible, students should come dressed in their dance clothes to eliminate changing on site.
● Each student should bring their water bottle from home.
● Everyone is to sanitize their hands prior to entering and upon leaving the studio.
● Class sizes will be capped depending on space available in the studio to encourage physical distancing.
● Instructors will not use hands on corrections.
● Students will not touch during class.
● Instructors will demonstrate from the front of the studio and limit any movement around the studio.
Ensuring Physical Distancing
● Class start and end times will be staggered to limit the number of students in a common space at the same time and adhere to physical distancing requirements.
● Instructors and Students are asked not to attend class if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or are under self-isolation or quarantine; or if they have had any close contact with a positive case.
All students and staff will be instructed to:
● Wash or sanitize hands at the beginning and end of each class.
● Avoid touching face including eyes, nose, and mouth.
● Avoid high-touch areas where possible, or ensure hands are washed or sanitized after.
● Follow respiratory etiquette (e.g. coughing or sneezing into a bent elbow, promptly disposing of used tissues in the trash).
● Regular cleaning and disinfection will be implemented. Only disinfectants that have an approved Drug Identification Number (DIN) will be used.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at: email@example.com
We would love to see you all on our Facebook Community Group so we can continue to support each other!
Please do not join us for class if you have any of the conditions outlined below.
- You have had any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours:
- a fever or chills
- a new or changed chronic cough
OR TWO OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
- a sore throat or difficulty swallowing that is not related to a known or preexisting condition
- a runny nose that is not related to a known or preexisting condition
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing that is not related to a known or preexisting condition
2. If you had unprotected close contact with individuals who have a confirmed or presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19. (This includes individuals in quarantine for travel)
3. If you have been identified as a close contact to a confirmed case of Covid-19 and have not received a negative result.