during the covid-19 pandemic:
Pre-Screening: Before attending, please ensure you have reviewed the screening protocols on this page. If you answer yes to any, please take part virtually instead, when the recorded class is released.
Hand Hygiene: Upon entry and before leaving, please wash or hand sanitize at one of our various sinks and sanitizing stations.
Social Distancing: The studio has been marked for social distancing. On entry and exit please social distance in common areas. We require you wear a mask when entering and exiting the studio, which can be removed once you are in your spot. Please be prepared to leave the studio space promptly after your class is over to avoid cross-over between class participants.
BYOM: For stretch and bootcamp classes, bring your own mat and props that you have (ex: a block if you want one). Please leave all other things at home. Each student will have their spot to put keys/purse/props, which will be sanitized between classes.
Arrive Ready and On Time: Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early for your class, to ensure we are ready for you. All classes will be 50 min to allow for thorough cleaning and extra time between sessions.
Our Covid-19 Health & Safety Protocols:
Serpentine Studios has created the following guidelines taking into account the with the Province of Nova Scotia’s Communities, Culture and Heritage and Fitness Sector recommended guidelines. We recognize our responsibility in preventing the risks of COVID-19, and the health and safety of our instructors and students are of the utmost importance. We are committed to offering a safe space for our students to enjoy movement and community. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Studio Management & Function
Prior to class:
● Students should not arrive more than 5 minutes before their class .
● Students must arrive wearing a non-medical mask and continue to wear it until they are in their spot inside the studio.
● When possible, students should come dressed in their dance clothes to eliminate changing on site.
● Each student should bring their water bottle from home.
● Everyone is to sanitize their hands prior to entering and upon leaving each studio.
● Students will leave shoes at the front door and will bring all personal belongings with them to their spot. Each student will have a designated space for belongings which will be sanitized between classes.
● Class sizes will be capped depending on space available in the studio to maintain physical distancing.
● Instructors will not use hands on corrections.
● Students will not touch during class.
● Instructors will demonstrate from the front of the studio and limit any movement around the studio.
Ensuring Physical Distancing
● Only registered students and staff may enter the facility to reduce cross-over and maintain appropriate physical distance before and after their scheduled class time.
● Class start and end times will be staggered to limit the number of students in a common space at the same time and adhere to physical distancing requirements.
● Space markers will be placed in common areas and studios to ensure two metre physical distancing requirements are adhered to at all times.
● Instructors are not to report to work, and Students are asked not to attend class if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or are under self-isolation or quarantine; or if they have had any potential exposures.
All students and staff will be instructed to:
● Wash or sanitize hands at the beginning and end of each class.
● Avoid touching face including eyes, nose, and mouth.
● Avoid high-touch areas where possible, or ensure hands are washed or sanitized after.
● Follow respiratory etiquette (e.g. coughing or sneezing into a bent elbow, promptly disposing of used tissues in the trash).
● Regular cleaning and disinfection will be implemented. Only disinfectants that have an approved Drug Identification Number (DIN) will be used.
● Floors will be cleaned daily as usual, with additional disinfecting throughout the day as possible.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at: email@example.com
We would love to see you all on our Facebook Community Group so we can continue to support each other!
Please do not join us for class if you have any of the conditions outlined below.
- You have had any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours:
- a fever or chills
- a new or changed chronic cough
OR TWO OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
- a sore throat or difficulty swallowing that is not related to a known or preexisting condition
- a runny nose that is not related to a known or preexisting condition
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing that is not related to a known or preexisting condition
2. If you or any members of your household traveled outside of Nova Scotia within the last 14 days.
3. If you had unprotected close contact with individuals who have a confirmed or presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19. (This includes individuals in quarantine for travel)
4. If you have been to a high-risk exposure location in the past 2 weeks and have not been tested and received a negative result.